This fully integrated Module allows Estimates to be quickly and easily created from CITE files, Microsoft Excel, CSV or ASCII Text files created by programs other than Esti-mate.
Accessed from within the Estimating Module, Bill Import allows the enquiry process to be carried out in parallel with the estimating process.
- Direct import of Microsoft Excel Workbooks, including import from multiple worksheets in a single operation.
- Import of CITE Format files, allowing Bills of Quantities from most Estimating and Bill Production systems, to be converted to Esti-mate jobs.
- Import of Comma Separated Variable (CSV) files, with optional setting of separator character (Tab, Pipe etc). This type of file may be produced from spreadsheets, databases and other Bill Production programs.
- Import of ASCII Text files and CITE format files. Such files may be the output of most scanning/OCR programs and text editors.
- Rapid Manual input of Sections, Pages and Items using References, allows a Bill of Quantities to be priced without requiring scanning/OCR facilities.
- Automatic insertion of Pages and Sections using B of Q Item References.
- Rapid (optional) allocation of text elements to Esti-mate Item Types.
- Allows more than one import into a single Estimate.
- Export of Estimates to CITE format files for sending (priced or un-priced) to other Estimating systems.